Does the thought of Tik Tok still puzzle you? I’ll try to keep it simple. Now you probably have noticed a swing of content on Tik Tok, but the only constant thing is how Generation Z seems to dominate it. Perhaps you might think that Tik Tok is just for a bunch of teenagers or youngsters having fun, you’re wrong. It is way more than that.
Tik Tok is an app described as a merge of Vine, Twitter, and Instagram, that allows its users to create short music-focused videos and edit them with filters, lenses, and AR features. It is owned by a Chinese company called Byte Dance. It has neatly superseded Vine by steadily gaining the attention of young users and business owners with its short but highly engaging content.
The app is an unexplored territory when it comes to marketing since it has only just begun rewriting the world through marketing campaigns and paid advertising.
In this article, we will guide; how to use Tik Tok for your business, give you tips to help you go viral on Tik Tok as well as how to acquire an audience who you can share your Tik Tok videos to website links to generate more traffic on your site.
Let’s get started!
How to use Tik Tok for business
- Know how it works
The first thing you need to do is to study the platform. This will keep you from being blacklisted or shunned by users. Imagine joining a social media platform without the idea of what you’re doing. Absurd, right?
To avoid such incidences, indulge in a little survey to learn what type of content works on TikTok and how to interact with other users on the platform so that your business can fit into the culture naturally.
As you do this, make yourself a profile and follow popular users. Also, be sure to see what is trending at the TikTok trending page. Explore trending hashtags to connect with other users and get your content noticed as well.
- Create your content
“For a company to be successful on TikTok, they need to first be active on TikTok.” CEO of Tinysponsor.
As you would have noted, TikTok is all about fun and visually appealing content though not highly polished to resemble an Ad. Something you can do with your smartphone. Be creative and authentic, have the freedom to get silly and be yourself.
Alternatively, you can engage some youngsters to help you create fun content that will capture the right audience for you.
However, firmly stick to your business vibe and make sure your content fits your brand and contributes to your targeted goals. This will help users feel connected to you and eventually build trust.
When you’re finished and ready, add unique features and effects to your video, just to give it an appealing touch. You can also use apps like VideoBoost for more options for filters, texts, and effects.
- Launch a hashtag challenge
A hashtag challenge involves encouraging other TikTok users to recreate content, adding your branded hashtag to it. Feel free to offer prizes as an incentive to join.
A fun hashtag challenge will not only promote your business but also drive user interaction and engagement. Remember, the more you post, the higher your chances of going viral.
Here are a few tricks to going viral on TikTok:
- Post a lot of videos – this is the key to TikTok. Increase your content volume.
- Watch videos to get inspiration – the more time you spend on TikTok, the more you’ll begin noticing trends and get inspiration for your projects. Brainstorm on more video ideas that display your products and market your brand.
- Try out trending formats – blend other trending sounds, memes, dances, or compositions with your style. This maintains popularity.
- Be aware of the current events and news – posting hot hashtags can sometimes get your video attention.
- Making an immediate impression– hook your viewers by making sure your content quickly catches their attention.
- Edit videos outside of TikTok – this enables you to use high-quality video editing techniques that are not present in the app.
- Partner with TikTok influencers
Find influencers with lots of followers in your niche and team up to create content together. This is a great way to create organic material that doesn’t come off as advertising.
Generally, the more followers an influencer has, the more expensive they are to partner with. Even so, the ROI is promising.
TikTok influencers can either talk about your product in a TikTok video, post about it in the video description, or add a TikTok to website link to your brand in the description. All these come with a certain level of pay, which depends on the influencer.
Just as influencer marketing is impactful on other social media platforms, so is it in TikTok. To find the best influencer for your brand, look for online tools that allow you to search bios on TikTok as well as the most popular languages used in an influencer audience.
Ads help you reach a ton of users on the platform easily. TikTok offers precise targeting to make sure your ads are reaching the right users who are interested in what you’re offering.
TikTok offers four different types of ads on its platform. These are:
- Infeed native content – this ad is similar to Snapchat or Instagram story ads. They are displayed in full screen, are skippable, and have a 9-15 seconds compulsory length, like any other TikTok video. They support features such as TikTok to a website clicks hence increasing traffic to your site, or app downloads. You can measure your campaign’s success by tracking the TikTok to website clicks, impressions, CTR-click through rate, video view, and engagements.
- Brand takeovers – they allow one brand to take over the app for a day. With these, you can create images, GIFs, and videos with embedded links to landing pages or hashtag challenges within TikTok. You can measure these ads’ success by tracking the impressions and the CTR.
- Hashtag takeovers – they save you the effort of making hashtag challenges go viral on your own. They promote your hashtags to get you more engagement.
- Branded lenses – they are like the Snapchat 2D and 3D filters for faces and photos.
I hope I have simplified the long narrative of TikTok for you. If your brand requires a Gen Z target audience, TikTok is the perfect place to engage them. Moreover, you get to create more fun as you explore different aspects of your business.
below is a short video to help get you started from the “Social Media Examiner”